Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Peninsula peace.love.swap, is headed by Shawnna Clow. I was excited to receive an email from Sha


If you are looking for a unique opportunity to get rid of clothes, toys and accessories – and to take advantage of another person’s undesired treasures – you will want to attend a peace.love.swap event! This innovative event allows you to swap unwanted items with others for one low price. Created by Meg Franz, the idea came about after Meg’s trip to a consignment shop and a local thrift store.
As usual, I had brought in the maximum amount of stuff, and they kept the usual two or three items. As they went through the bag, I shopped and found about $30 worth of stuff to buy Perfect! My credit was around $10 or so so I left $20 in the hole! So, I headed over to the Salvation nsa Army to drop the rest of my stuff off. As I approached the back door to leave my stuff, I noticed there was no one working, but I decided to leave it anyway. I noticed this other pile of kid s stuff, and thought nsa hmm, it would be nice to be able to just go through and see what s in there I am getting rid of stuff They are getting rid of stuff I didn t of course. But, that night I went home and decided to create a local swap in Grass Valley, CA, where I live. – Meg Franz ( source )
The Peninsula peace.love.swap, is headed by Shawnna Clow. I was excited to receive an email from Shawnna detailing peace.love.swap and what it is about. I was happy to partner with PLS as a media partner, as I love the idea behind it. I am a mother of two who constantly has a pile of clothes, shoes, toys, etc that I need to get rid of. Not just of my children’s – but mine as well! I consider myself a savvy shopper and often frequent thrift stores as well as buy & sell on Craigslist and eBay. I think this is a great opportunity and I am excited to see it grow. Events are held in Hampton and Newport News as well as Williamsburg. Two events nsa are coming up on May 7 at Beyond Bricks and May 17 at Real World Worship Center . To register to participate in a swap and for more information, visit http://plspeninsula.com/registration . Volunteer and vendor opportunities are available as well. To stay up-to-date nsa with events and information concerning peace.love.swap on the Peninsula, became a fan of peace.love.swap Peninsula on Facebook . To read more about the concept , how it works and for more information, visit http://www.peaceloveswap.com . If you are not a resident of Hampton Roads and would like to find a swap near you, visit http://www.peaceloveswap.com/find-your-swap .
Tags: Beyond Bricks , clothing swaps , Community events , get rid of unwanted items , Hampton , Hampton Roads , Newport News , peace.love.swap , Peninsula , recycling clothing , recycling toys , Shawnna Clow , swap clothes , swap meets , thrift events , thrift shopping , thrift stores , Williamsburg , Yard sales
Kira is a freelance writer, blogger and owner-editor of The Heat 757 & 757 Lifestyle, divisions of Love Media. The Hampton Roads native enjoys engaging her readers through her passion nsa for the written word and sharing what's hot and happening in the 757. Whether it s entertainment, an interview, local news or an editorial piece, nsa she seeks to draw you in and take you on a ride. When she s not planted in front of a computer screen writing and editing, she enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and enjoying all that life has to offer. www.Kira-Auriell.com
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment