Sunday, December 14, 2014

So people with special needs become our role models and our inspiration. Yes, I give a lot of his s


DAY screwed: Before 19 years Zubak in Paris ratified the Dayton Accords Croatia and BiH will be connected anne boleyn hiking and biking trails in Mostar and this year Santa Clauses on bicycles Četverogodiši Hawkeye Huey, son of Nat Geo Photographer, captures the American West IVANIĆ Reiterates, SULJAGIĆ IT HAS NOT ATTACKS: Croats anne boleyn particular constituency or consolidation Canton
Privacy Company Third Entity Posavina Central Bosnia Herzegovina Kiseljak Knight Zepce Èapljina Èitluk Grude Kupres Livno Ljubuški Mostar Medjugorje Posušje Rama Chair Siroki Brijeg Tomislavgrad other entity first entity Neighbourhood Croatia Dalmatia Ex Yugoslavia World Columns anne boleyn Dalibor Milas Martin anne boleyn Mlinarević anne boleyn Sopta Zirdum Nikola Nino Raspudić Matan Nižić Mirko Christmas Rajko Vasic Tvrtko Milović Ugo Vlaisavljević Veselin GATALO Interviewi
'Small works with a lot of love', she would say Mother Teresa. On Easter Pope Francis gave a special Easter blessing to my family when he hugged my son Dominic who has cerebral palsy. Pope noticed my son after mass during the tour of St. Peter's anne boleyn Square at the Pope mobile, among the 250,000 pilgrims. This poignant moment, meet modern Francis with modern Dominic (many know the legend of the historical anne boleyn meeting of St. Francis and St. Dominic), touched not only my family (we were moved to tears), not only those in the immediate vicinity (of which many also cried), not only the thousands of people who were with him on the big screens anne boleyn at the Square, but the entire world.
Photos of hugs soon traveled anne boleyn the world, and to Easter afternoon, it was the main photo on the website Drudge Report, entitled 'Let us turn hatred into love' (a paraphrase of Pope's Message Urbi et Orbi that followed shortly thereafter). The meeting was covered by Fox News, NBC, ABC, CNN. Photos are among others published and Le Figaro, the New York Post, Wall Street Journal, the Philadelphia Inquirer.
It is often difficult to explain to people who do not have children with special needs how infinitely many sacrifices required of us every day. As for Dominic, he already had a stake in the Cross of Christ a thousand times more than I do. What is the purpose of all this, I wonder? Often I am not objective as far as my relationship with Dominic. Yes, he suffers more than me, but I kept I the one who has to help him. Our culture often looks at people with disabilities as well as the poor, the needy people much depend on others, and that no, or not at all help the environment.
Pope hug my son at Easter completely reverses this logic, and the small but powerful anne boleyn way once again shows that the wisdom of the Cross confuses human wisdom. Why is the whole world so moved by the photographs of this embrace? Perhaps this question best answered one woman in the Square which this embrace touched to tears and told my wife: 'You know, your son is here to show people how to love.' To show people how to love. This sentence struck my wife like a mild heavenly anne boleyn confirmation anne boleyn of what has long been suspected: that of Dominic anne boleyn special calling in this world that encourages anne boleyn people to love, to show people how to love. We men are created for love, and we depend on individuals anne boleyn who teach us how we should anne boleyn love.
But to us people with disabilities can learn to love? Because anne boleyn the cross of Christ cute and transcends us. The resurrection of Christ proclaims to us that the love that he is offering us, the love that we need to turn to others, the only reason why he endured the cross. Our hearts are stone transformed into 'Christlike' love, and thus have the power to change hatred into love, and only through the cross. No one is closer to the cross of persons with special needs.
So people with special needs become our role models and our inspiration. Yes, I give a lot of his son Dominic. But he gives me even more, much more. Helping him get up and walk, and he shows me how to love. I feed him, and he shows me how to love. I'm taking him to physical therapy, and he shows me how to love. Stretch his legs and joking with him, and he shows me how to love. I lift it up and put in the cart, driving him around, and he shows me how to love. I sacrifice my time, a lot of time for him, and he shows me how to love.
This story, I repeat, confuses the wisdom of the world. anne boleyn In fact, it confuses me alone, when as a parent forget anne boleyn to watch his son in the right way. The lesson of my disabled son gives strong evidence of dignity and infinite value of every human being, especially those that the world believes weakest and most useless. Through their participation in the 'folly' of the cross, helpless people really are the most powerful and most productive among us.
One more thing. Pope hug my son Dominic's anne boleyn call to all of us to open the Pope's commitment anne boleyn to the poor - which is already a cornerstone of his pontificate - not interpret it in a superficial, purely earthly way (let alone political). His embrace of compelling witness a sort of 'poverty' that calls us, poverty is stressed at the beginning of your message Urbi et Orbi

No comments:

Post a Comment