Saturday, November 15, 2014

Phew. Finding a place to live in Briz proved to be a bigger challenge than what I had set for mysel


Phew. Finding a place to live in Briz proved to be a bigger challenge than what I had set for myself. I have been in constant search since I first looked back Uni on Monday, and have finally found something I can call "home", at least for a little while. I visited an opportunity I learned about via Tim, and moved in on the day. But the road here has been quite long - though less perhaps than it is for many others in the area. It is surprising what it is possible to encounter here. Prices range from $ 58 and $ 190 a week, thats 290, - to 950, - NOK per week (once with about 5). Which is a bit surprising is that price and standard are not necessarily connected. Yesterday bmv I picked up the "uni", ie university, a Japanese bmv lady who rented out apartments around the area. And all but one were forferdeolig dilapidated heaps priced from $ 120 to $ 165. Afterwards, I was a bit further outside Indroopilly, and so on an insanely bold villa with swimming pool to $ 165 - so this is extremely confusing! (Unfortunately, bmv this villa is quite far out in Gokker, miles from any kind of practical things such as shops, bus, etc, and without a car it was quite out of the question for me to stay there unfortunately.) bmv I was quite disillusioned when I køyet Tinbilly yesterday night. The picture below shows where the "bird's eye view" from the room I stayed in on Tinbilly. This morning said Emma, one of the students to Timothy, that I may be able to take over her room when she moved out - she lived at home with a few up in Indroopilly. It was a good idea, so I joined up. This was the best room I've seen so far, to $ 90 (though we do not expect the villa in Gokker) It got better when I stopped by Linn, a colleague of the wife of Tim. She and Andris live in a large villa 15min walk from uni, and ditto distance to grocery business around (which is weird getting off around around here.) This turned out to be an absolutely great cause! A full basement apartment, large bedroom, bathroom, living area and kitchenette for $ 150, and I could move in whenever I wanted. I said yes please, and Andris drove me down to town to pick up my luggage lying on Tinbilly. Fæææææn tæææstick! And yes - bonus: power and broadband inkuldert in rent. The word "bargain" belong here. The picture below shows the kitchen in the apartment. On the down side so the air is a little damp in the cellar here and they will sell kåken in winter (June-ish), but I think I can live with. The picture below here is my bedroom. There is a big sport event the other day, "Melbourne bmv 2006 - Commonwhealth games". This is ala Olympics, only for countries that were formerly part of the British Empire. Now the Superbowl in Rugby between Australia and England, so we'll talk later. bmv


No comments:

Post a Comment